CARE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Care Management Services respond to complex needs that require the skills and abilities of a geriatric care professional. Our Geriatric Care Managers have master's degrees and a minimum of 5 years experience in geriatrics.
- Crisis guidance during healthcare emergencies
- Acquiring and coordination of medical services
- Monitoring, coordination and advocating for clients during hospitalization, admission and discharge
- Counseling and planning for families with an Alzheimer's patient
- Behavioral health assessments, intervention, and guidance
- Finding an assisted living or skilled care facility, escort, assisting with application, disposal of household belongings, moving and getting settled in
- Advocating for clients with physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Becoming Healthcare Power of Attorney for clients who do not have other resources
- Assisting with issues of guardianship through, Wisdom Guardianship Foundation, a 501C non-profit corporation
Below is an example of what Care Management has done for our clients:
Mom has Parkinson's disease. Wisdom has been providing In-Home Care for mom for several years. Dad was suddenly hospitalized with bronchial pneumonia. Without prior warning he was discharged late on a Saturday evening , needing insulin, oxygen, and several complex medications. He was also very weak. Mom was completely overwhelmed and frantically called Wisdom. Our Care Manager made a home visit, arranged the delivery and setup of dad's oxygen, administered and set up his medication, picked up his insulin from the pharmacy and coordinated all of his needed services. The Care Manger arranged for a CNA to care for dad and phoned family, who live out of state to give them a status report. The next day the Care Manager even purchased for dad, who is partially deaf, earphones for watching television- making mom very happy and relieving a source of intense friction between mom and dad.
"A Care Manager's intervention and expertise during crisis is one of the myriad of services we provide that avoids stress and improves the quality of life for both seniors and their families."
- Betty Read, Founder of Wisdom
Our number one goal is your 100% satisfaction
Wisdom makes aging easier